The Bachelorette: Why the Better Man Won
This season of The Bachelorette started and ended just as the seven preceding seasons did; 25 guys try their hardest to impress one girl right out of the limo and after eight weeks of two hour-long shows, one lucky man is chosen and typically proposes. What girl wouldn’t be completely taken with this show? A group of hotties show up to show off the best sides of themselves. Needless to say, I fell in love with a few of them myself. Including the winner. #teamJef
Jef Holm won the hearts of American girls everywhere as well as the bachelorette herself, Emily Maynard. The finale on July 22 ended with a proposal from Holm.
And she said YES!
It’s no secret that this season’s bachelorette stole many hearts… And I’m not just talking about the men. Maynard has model good looks and the heart of Mother Theresa. She’s the girl you’d love to hate but there is no way to; she’s just too friendly and down-to-earth. But trust me, I tried to hate her – she’s just so annoyingly perfect – but it was next to impossible.
Maynard was the winner of season 15 of The Bachelor and was rewarded with a proposal by the bachelor, Brad Womack. In typical Bachelor fashion, that engagement ended and the couple broke up in a very public split. Womack claims to have “dodged a bullet” but Maynard has never publicly said a bad word about her ex-fiance – see what I’m saying? She’s so amicable.
This season of The Bachelorette was uniquely special, for Maynard was not only finding a man she was compatible with but a man that would make a good step-father to 6-year-old daughter, Ricki. So the winner of this season, in my opinion, is an exceptional man.
I’m not alone, however, Maynard thinks he’s pretty great too, claiming to have found “the perfect man” in Holm. Here are a list of reasons he was the better choice than Indy car driver, Arie Luyendyk.
- Holm is caring but also care free. He wrote Maynard the sweetest letter about the things he loves about her right after taking her to a shooting range. Talk about the best of both worlds.
- The show is a competition, yet, Holm wasn’t playing to win by saying all the right things or being the most charming – he challenged Maynard to answer some of his questions too.
- On the overnight date, where there is a key to a shared hotel room involved, Holm turned Maynard down saying they didn’t need to rush it, “we’ll spend several nights in our own fantasy suite”. She even admitted he stole the words right out of her mouth. Sounds to me like these two are on the same page.“He took everything I was gonna tell him about why I couldn’t go and said it back to me. And it was very sweet, but at the same time, I wanted to turn him down, but he kind of turned me down.” – Emily
- Holm is extremely down to earth. He met Maynard’s family in the finale episode and when her father said to him, “It’s completely obvious you make Emily so happy,” Holm responded with, “I hope I do.” How sweet is that?! Swoon.
- Holm is co-founder of People Water, a sustainable water bottle company that has the motto, “drop for drop” – meaning, “for every bottle of water purchased we give an equal amount of clean water to a person in need.” Can you say, giver? Hot and selfless – cool me down.