INFORMATION LIVINGTHECOLLEGELIFE GATHERS AND TRACKS
LivingtheCollegeLife gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys
- Information LivingtheCollegeLife gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because LivingtheCollegeLife derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships and advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service free to users. Under no circumstances does LivingtheCollegeLife divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
LivingtheCollegeLife Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches)
- We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. LivingtheCollegeLife gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
- Message boards/forums policy
- Users of the site’s Message Boards and Forums must register separately for these services (both are free of charge) in order to post messages, although they needn’t register to visit the site. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
- “E-mail this to a friend” policy
- Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking “e-mail this to a friend”. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
- We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. LivingtheCollegeLife may use a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
- LivingtheCollegeLife may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
LivingtheCollegeLife tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. LivingtheCollegeLife does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
LivingtheCollegeLife sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
USE OF INFORMATION
LivingtheCollegeLife uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. LivingtheCollegeLife never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
LivingtheCollegeLife creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
LivingtheCollegeLife uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
LivingtheCollegeLife operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users
Terms & Conditions
Must read and comply with the following conditions before you become interactive with LivingtheCollegeLife.com and Living the College Life L.L.C:
LivingtheCollegeLife is a service mark of Living the College Life L.L.C.
Living the College Life is trademarked by Living the College Life, L.L.C. and owns the rights to the name and cannot be used without written permission from a member of Living the College Life L.L.C.
This website contains information, links, images and videos of offensive material. Do NOT continue if: 1) you are not at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in each and every jurisdiction in which you will or may view the Explicit Material, 2) such material offends you, or 3) viewing the Explicit Material is not legal in each and every community where you may view it.
Please understand user-submitted content becomes the property of Living the College Life, L.L.C and use is to be determined by Living the College Life L.L.C.
By choosing to enter theLivingtheCollegeLife.com website you are affirming under oath and penalties of perjury pursuant to Title 28 U.S.C. 1746 and other applicable statutes and laws that all of the following statements are true and correct:
1. I have attained the Age of Majority in my jurisdiction;
2. The explicit material I am viewing is for my own personal use and I will not expose any minors to the material;
3. I desire to receive/view explicit material;
4. I believe that as an adult it is my inalienable constitutional right to receive/view explicit material;
5. I am solely responsible for any false disclosures or legal ramifications of viewing, reading or downloading any material appearing on this site. I further agree that neither this website nor its affiliates will be held responsible for any legal ramifications arising from any fraudulent entry into or use of this website;
6. I understand that my use of this website is governed by the website’s Terms which I have reviewed and accepted, and I agree to be bound by such Terms.
7. This warning page constitutes a legally binding agreement between me, this website and/or any business in which I have any legal or equitable interest. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit its enforcement in a manner most closely representing the intentions as expressed herein;
8. All content on this site is intended for over the age of 18
9. The videos and images in this site are intended to be used by responsible adults
10. I understand that providing a false declaration under the penalties of perjury is a criminal offense
11. LivingtheCollegeLife L.L.C. does not endorse the drinking of alcohol and does not encourage drinking underage or irresponsibly.
12. Living the College Life, L.L.C. is to be interpreted as a satire, nothing should be taken personally, everything read on LivingtheCollegeLife is to be understood as a joke.
1. Use of Content –
- a. To reproduce, remix, or otherwise alter original Living the College Life, L.L.C. site material so long as the logo is displayed and credit is given. This includes, specifically, permission:
- i. to reproduce quotes
- ii. to reproduce screenshots of any page of a Living the College Life, L.L.C.
- iii. to include original LivingtheCollegeLife material in mash-ups, mixes, parodies, caricatures, etc… for movies, TV, print, or online
- a. Reproduction of screenshots from any Site is permissible, without prior written approval, so long as the site logo and URL is fully visible or otherwise included on the page. See above for general permissions on partial content.
- b. The Site logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each section displaying site content.
- c. Content must be unedited, except for replacement of hyperlinks with full URLs and use of product manufacturer’s site links where appropriate.
- d. Images from a Site must not be used in print without you obtaining the appropriate copyright clearances yourself.
4. Corresponding with Living the College Life, L.L.C. – Any correspondence with Living the College Life, L.L.C., or submission of content to us, including any documentation or images, is considered property of Living the College Life, L.L.C. LTCL reserves the right to reproduce such content, in whole or in part, on any of the Living the College Life, L.L.C., and to use it in any way we choose, including allowing third parties to republish the material. In submitting something to us, you are representing that the content is yours to give to us, does not infringe on any third party’s rights – copyright, trademark, privacy rights and the like – and is not libelous or unlawful in any other way.
5. Comments – Living the College Life, L.L.C. will not accept responsibility for information posted in the Comments. In order to make our comments useful and interesting, the following guidelines have been established for comment users:
- a. Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
- b. Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- c. Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service.
- d. Do not post material that infringes copyright or any other intellectual property interest.
- e. Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- f. Keep all comments relevant to LivingtheCollegeLife where the comment is being posted.
- a. Material licensed from photographic archive and video vendors;
- b. Material supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes;
- c. Reader-submitted Material, with the implied representation that the person submitting the material owns the copyright in the material and the right to give it to us for use on theLivingtheCollegeLife.com;
- d. Material published on Flickr or other public photo / video sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the Creative Commons license granted in each case;
- e. Material commissioned by Living the College Life, L.L.C.
- f. Material that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, taking into account factors such as:
- i. The purpose and character of the use (i.e. transformation from the original, use for criticism, satire or parody
- ii. The nature of the copyrighted work (i.e. factual or newsworthy versus creative works)
- iii. The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the whole (i.e. use of cropped, reduced, low-resolution Material used for no more than to convey the point made)
- iv. The effect on the potential market for the copyrighted work (e.g. use that is not substitutive for the original, or would never be licensed in any event.
7. External Links Disclaimer – Living the College Life, L.L.C. routinely contains links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other sites, LivingtheCollegeLife does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to the Living the College Life, L.L.C. site in question.
Living the College Life, L.L.C. does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. General Disclaimer – All of the Living the College Life, L.L.C. titles are gossip sites. The sites publish both rumors and conjecture in addition to accurately reported information. Information on the sites may contain errors or inaccuracies; the sites’ proprietors do not make any warranty as to the correctness or reliability of the sites’ content. Links to content on and quotation of material from other sites are not the responsibility of Living the College Life L.L.C.
Email sent to any of the Living the College Life, L.L.C. email’s or content uploads is considered our property. We will respect and protect anonymous sources as tipsters, but all correspondence is considered available for publication.
The content posted on this website is only our opinion. None of the videos, pictures, or music are property of theLivingtheCollegeLife.com. All files posted are for preview purposes only. If you have any problems with something posted on our blog please contact us, and we will remove the content as soon as possible.
Rules of Usage
Use of the Service by You
The Website is intended for your personal use only. You may not impersonate, imitate or pretend to be somebody else when using the Website. You may not provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that constitutes junk mail, spam, advertising, and/or commercial offers. You may not repeat the same posting multiple times in a day or week. You agree not to use any obscene, indecent, or offensive language or to provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is defamatory, abusive, bullying, harassing, racist, hateful, or violent. You agree to refrain from using ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, homophobia, and personal attacks when using the Website. You further agree not to use any sexually suggestive language or to provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is sexually suggestive or appeals to a prurient interest. You may not provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that invades anyone’s privacy, or facilitates or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, federal, national or international law or regulation (e.g., drug use, underage drinking). You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability. Do not provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that includes instructions for weapon and/or explosive manufacture or use. You are responsible for ensuring that any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material you provide to or post on the Website does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is provided or posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights. You agree not to disrupt, overwhelm, attack, modify, reverse engineer or interfere with the Website or its associated software, hardware and/or servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others’ use of the Website. You acknowledge that Living the College Life, L.L.C. has not reviewed and does not endorse the content of all sites linked to from this Website and is not responsible for the content or actions of any other sites linked to from this Website. Your linking to any service or site is at your sole risk.
Comments By Others Are Not Endorsed By LivingtheCollegeLife
Living the College Life, L.L.C. does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on the Website. You agree that LivingtheCollegeLife or licensors are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
Disclaimer Of Warranty And Limitation Of Liability:
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE USING THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, AND THE LIVINGTHECOLLEGELIFE, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS THIRD PARTY HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, IN WRITING OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN OR PROVIDED BY THE WEBSITE. LIVINGTHECOLLEGELIFE, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS THIRD PARTY LIVINGTHECOLLEGELIFE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT THERE WILL BE NO FAILURES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR LOSS OF TRANSMITTED INFORMATION, OR THAT NO VIRUSES WILL BE TRANSMITTED ON THE WEBSITE. LIVINGTHECOLLEGELIFE, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS THIRD PARTY LIVINGTHECOLLEGELIFE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ALLEGEDLY SUSTAINED ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PROVIDING OF THE WEBSITE HEREUNDER, THE SALE OR PURCHASE OF ANY GOODS OR MERCHANDISE, YOUR ACCESS TO OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING FOR VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE WEBSITE, YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE LIVINGTHECOLLEGELIFE, ITS AFFILIATES AND THIRD-PARTY GOODMUSICALLDAYS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED (“CLAIMS”), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, IN PART: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR”.
Living the College Life, L.L.C. makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate, available or legal in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. In addition, both parties agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts. If you don’t agree to the terms contained in this Agreement, please exit the Website by clicking the Back button on your browser to return to the previous page.
Living the College Life, L.L.C. is not responsible for links to third party sites and the contents of their pages. All singles posted on this site are for promotional use only and are to be deleted within 24 hours. These singles are posted simply to build hype for the upcoming album or mixtape and after being deleted you should purchase the songs legally.
Living the College Life, L.L.C. does not condone any type of illegal downloading of any music. We will never post a link to illegally download an album and do not support such actions. We assume that by visiting this site you are agreeing to the conditions in this disclaimer and therefore know to delete all singles after 24 hours and not to download music illegally. We can and will not be held responsible for third party links. Any copyright infringement of any kind is not tolerated and we respect those who own those copyrights.
Living the College Life, L.L.C. users agree that we are hereby absolved from any and all liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including attorney’s fees asserted against LIVINGTHECOLLEGELIFE, its agents, officers, employees, or associates, that may arise or result from any service provided, performed, be agreed to be performed by Living the College Life, L.L.C.
Living the College Life, L.L.C. reserves the right to update this policy at any time without notice. By using this site in any way, you agree that it is your responsibility to make sure you are adhering to the disclaimer and terms of service at all times. Any failure to do so is in your sole discretion and we at Living the College Life, L.L.C. will not be liable for any damages you may cause or incur.